Total Pageviews

Saturday 5 April 2014

A finish, edges and postcard

I have finished Happy Scrappy Spring.  It is very simply quilted with straight almost straight line quilting by machine, plus a little hand quilting on the centre panel.  My sewing machine was struggling with the quilting, so I kept it to a minimum.{my excuse}2014-04-01 10.02.04Here it is with feet. DH happily held it up for me.

2014-04-04 16.05.03I was playing around yesterday with selvedges.  I dont know what I will do with it, but a nice zipped purse for my favourite auntie is on the cards.  Northern Lights, my area Quilters Guild of Ireland group, set a task for us to try making a quilted/fabric postcard. Here is my first attempt.2014-04-05 10.00.46I call it red sails in the sunset. Very simple pic. Background quilt as you go. Boat and sun raw edge applique using bondaweb.  Features added with embroidery cotton. I am going to try to post it to Scotland in a few weeks, to aforementioned fav auntie. We’ll see how it fares. Talk again soon xx

1 comment:

  1. Your postcard looks amazing! I am building my selvage collection slowly but surely... Gotta love a quilt with feet lol

    ReplyDelete