Total Pageviews

Monday 9 June 2014

The walk of shame and Convergence

I have to confess.  I am so ashamed. What have I done you ask?  It’s more like what have I not done.  This afternoon I was sewing away merrily on my Convergence quilt, see below, when my trusty machine began to make horrendous noises, and nasty loose stitches.  I didnt know what was wrong, thought it might be the bobbin cover which seemed loose.  I stopped and decided to take a couple of pics of the quilt so far.  That done, I pulled out the manual for my faithful friend.  I turned to the maintenance section………well, have you caught on yet.  I saw the instructions for cleaning and oiling.  I opened the needle plate and was horrified to find lint the size and colour of a small fieldmouse. Boy was I ashamed. I admit I didnt do the maintenance/cleaning bit in all the years I have had her. Almost 8.  Sooooo… she got lots of tlc, a needle change, and bless her she is sewing like a dream.  What a bad stitcher am I.

Here is the convergence quilt, not quite finished.  I have enjoyed this, and would be tempted to do another sometime soon.2014-06-09 17.35.292014-06-09 17.40.24

Thank you for listening /reading my confession.  I have learned my lesson….really I have.

4 comments:

  1. I love the convergence quilt. I can always tell by the sound of my machine when she is unhappy with her cleanliness! I guess I would be the same way. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it happens to the best of us. You've learned your lesson and from now on you'll look after your "trusted friend", will you? Love the convergence quilt. I've got Tim's book too, but never tried his method.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very easy to forget to do maintenance until you have a problem...I'm impressed that it took 8 years!
    Your convergence quilt is so lovely and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, just footering on the computer and came across your blog. Love your convergence quilt, I don't do much machine cleaning either - if it ain't broke don't meddle is my motto!

    ReplyDelete