Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Summer update No 1

Ok. So I need to blog. I'll not get away with reading all your lovely blogs forever, and not blogging myself, so here goes.
                        First of all I have no excuses.......welllll...maybe laziness, does that count.
This is part of the campus of Galway University where The International Quilt Festival of Ireland was held for the first time.  I spent 3 days here in June, and was overwhelmed by the quilts and fabric items I saw. This is the Quilt village Mayor in his Irish Tweed waistcoat.

He was very friendly, and we had a long chat and examined that waistcoat, as my friend Chris wanted to make one....she even bought the tweed at the traders market.
Here is Chris in the quilted flower garden.  As well as quilts there were flowers of every shape and size made from fabric.  The basket was even made from woven fabric tubes.

Yes the tulips are fabric too.  I am sorry I cant identify the makers of these beautiful items, as I was so overwhelmed by the beautiful quilts I didnt take note of the quilters names.  So, if you see any of your work here let me know.
The quilters chocolate shop had chocolate themed quilts including this huge cupcake
and a beautiful quilt which I cant see in my photos.  This one is lovely too. Will add the other if I find it.
These small hands were sent as greeting from all over the world. They were displayed in the reception foyer. I had a great weekend with a group of ladies I had never met before, and made some new quilty friends.  I have loads of pics, but my photography is not good, so I will have to improve on that. 
 OK, update Number 1. love to all. Plan to blog again soon. B.

6 comments:

  1. Nice to see that you are back. It seems you had a great time at the quilt show in Ireland. Don't worry if the photos aren't as good as you like them to be, share anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vreni. I really have been very lazy.

      Delete
  2. It looks like a great quilt show! The quilt behind the tulips looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was beautiful Jess. There were sooo many I could have spent a week revisiting them all.

      Delete
  3. It looks like it was a wonderful show. Glad to see a post from your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete