Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 August 2012

update No 2

June passed.  I did a little stitching. No photos, sorry.  July, and No 1 daughter had a significant birthday.
Grandson is getting taller and taller.  The garden is enjoying all the rain, even if we grumble.
I joined in with Jess & Jess's how far will you Go QAL.  Here is my first block.
August already.
Off to Longleat Safari Park with No.1 D. and Grandaughter.
                                  
                                            The orangerie, where we had snacks in the cafe.
Feeding a giraffe......a lifetime dream for Sarah.
                                           View of Longleat House from the boat on the lake.
PATCH at the play area.  Patch was made by Sarah with a little help from granny B.  She pieced scraps and cut the pattern from the resulting fabric, hence his name.  He came on holiday with us and was photographed in many unusual places.
                                                                        The steam train.
Stonehenge, not far from Longleat.

                                                                            We had a great time.
                                            Update No 2 brings me fairly up to date.  Next blog.......a tragedy ;)      

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely family you have (the part you showed us). Nice outing too. I also want to take part in Jess' quilt along, but haven't had time to start my blocks yet. I have my daughter here for two weeks and as much as I love it, it doesn't leave me with much sewing time ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. enjoy your daughter. There's always time for stitching later.

      Delete
  2. It looks like it has been a fun and busy summer. The grandchildren grow up much too quickly, don't they?

    Your QAL block looks great. I love the colors. I noticed block 2 is a little off on the measurements. the corner blocks don't quite match the center and for solids so you might want to cut them just a smidge smaller for a better fit.

    ReplyDelete