Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 August 2013

Hottest July,Autumn Hoedown and stuff

Apparently this has been the hottest July on record.  I must say some of the days were a wee bit much for me.  I found the shady corner, and did a little hand stitching and reading and lots of cool drinks in that spot over the month of July.  We went to Castlewellan Forest Park on 21st.  It was Baltic (meaning verrrrry cold in this neck of the woods) we couldn't believe we had chosen the one wet and windy day to go walking in the woods.  However, round the coast a bit we had a lovely sheltered afternoon at Strangford, enjoying an icecream...yes it was warm enough there.
The hot weather continued, and D1 and GD and I hit the north coast for a day.  It was great to enjoy the soft breeze on the beach and the two brave ones had a go on some of the fairground rides at Barry's.

I managed in the cool of the day to finish this top which I called Autumn Hoedown.
I have started something Kaaren if you see this.
 
  Dont hold your breath waiting for the finish, but I am enjoying it so much, I may get along more quickly than I think. Aiming for spring.  Thank you again for this FFF. To find the pattern follow my link to
 
This little book bag was made from scraps, following a pattern in a magazine.  It is destined to raise some funds for A Little Horse Trust, a local Trust offering a service to the community.
Well, that's all for this post. I am not blogging as much as some of you great bloggers out there, but I do read yours.........Is that a bit selfish?????  Nooooo. I learn so much and enjoy all your news.  I will try to keep up. Blessings, Bx

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment